What does THAT mean? What is NLP and what does it mean to me? It is:
· The key to learning
· It’s the manual for your brain
· The art and science of communication
· It’s about what makes you and other people tick
· NLP helps people make sense of their reality and see how they create it
· It provides the tools for personal and organizational change
· It’s the way to create the life you want
· It’s the route to get the results you want in all areas of your life
· It’s how to influence others
· The secret of successful people
The Pillars of NLP
NLP encourages new thinking and new choices and recognizes the positive intention underlying all action. It is based on:
· Rapport—building relationships
· Sensory Awareness—how you can use the five senses for your benefit
· Outcome Thinking— creating the outcome you want through the power of thought
· Behavioral Flexibility– being open to changing your strategy if what you are doing isn't working
The Origins of NLP
NLP has come a long way from its roots in California. It was initially created in 1975 by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, who began modeling and duplicating the "magical results" of a few top communicators and therapists. Richard Bandler, a master’s level student of information sciences and mathematics at the University of Santa Cruz, enlisted the help of Dr. John Grinder, a professor of linguistics, to study people they considered to be excellent communicators and agents of change. They were fascinated by how some people defied the odds where other people failed.
They drew up linguistics, neurology, computer programming theory, social anthropology and psychology to develop the foundations of NLP. Since then the field has exploded to encompass many disciplines in many countries around the world. Many pioneers in their field have taken it forward and adapted the theory and developed practical applications. It has helped to transform the lives of real people like you and me.
For more information on NLP please refer to the various links on the Affiliates and Links page.
WHAT IS NLP ?
Mind in Sync Hypnosis
NLP can be described in many ways and has many applications. The formal definition is “the study of the structure of our subjective experience”.
Mind in Sync Hypnosis
19360 Rinaldi St. Suite 422
Porter Ranch, California